So I haven't posted since April 1st.... sorry about that, guys! We've been adjusting to life with a puppy, which is...harder than I thought! He is soooo much work - but, totally worth it. I am actually super excited for him to be an "adult" dog though - as cute as he is now as a puppy....I am excited for him to mature :)
Anyway, I am featuring some of my favorite makeup products for this month's My Picks. I've listed them in the order that I use them:
1. BareMinerals Prime Time: Primers are really non-negotiable - don't bother wearing nice makeup if you aren't using a primer. It smooths your skin and makes your face a blank slate ready for what you'll put on it. Plus, it's your first line of defense that is being absorbed into your skin - make it the good stuff! I've used this primer for years and I think it's the best. I've tried this one and if I'm being frugal, this one too - both are really good options. You can't beat the price for Maybelline Baby Skin. For "Prime Time" primer, make sure you get the "Original" one - the other variations are horrible. ($24 - I use "Original")
2. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue: I use this after a primer and before my pressed powder. It's a CC/BB/tinted moisturizer type of product, but has slightly more coverage. I don't like to use a liquid foundation, so this is the perfect product for me. It goes on light, but totally evens out your skin tone. It's a new product and has quickly become a favorite of mine! My only complaint - it isn't sold on Birchbox.com! Sephora is where I usually buy it. ($29 - I use "Natural 05")
3. Maybelline Cover Stick: They have a lot of way more expensive concealers out there for dark circles under the eyes and blemishes, but I've found that the cheap stuff works just as good, if not better. (Although, this product is INCREDIBLE - miracle sauce, no joke.) I'm currently using this Maybelline option, though I've used CoverGirl and Almay in the past too. I dab this over any blemishes, red spots and a little under the eye (I do this part in the shape of an upside down triangle - try it, it looks SO much better!). Do this after your primer and CC/BB cream but before your powder for best results. ($5 - I use "Light Beige")
4. Benefit Hello Flawless: This pressed powder finishes off my face and keeps away any shine. The more you use, the fuller the coverage. I use a mineral powder brush like this one to apply it, though it does come with a small brush. I used to use Bare Minerals for YEARS, but it recently started making my skin irritated, so this product is a recent switch for me. So far, so good! ($34 - I use "Honey")
5. Benefit Hoola Bronzer: This is a bronzer that is a really flattering shade for all skin types. For years I used BareMinerals Warmth as a bronzer, and truly nothing competes with it, but like I mentioned earlier, it started giving me a rash - wah wah. This Hoola stuff is pretty great though - lasts a long time too. It comes with a brush, or you can use your own, similar to the mineral brush I use for the pressed powder above. I use this on the top of my forehead, nose and cheekbones for a flush of color. ($28)
6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: This stuff is the best - you can even wear it by itself without eyeshadow and it looks gorgeous. It's a shimmery champagne color. Whatever you do, DON'T use the matte version of this stuff - it's terrible. This shade (I use "Sin") is the best one...trust me. This, like the face primer, is truly a non-negotiable if you wear eyeshadow. This helps your shadow from creasing and keeps it in place and looking its best all day. Mine doesn't move or fade, because of this stuff! ($20 - I use "Sin")
7. Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette: This is the 3rd generation of the Naked Eyeshadow Palette. I've used all 3 and like each of them for different reasons. This one has a lot of rose gold shimmery tones, which I really like. My favorite colors on this palette are: Dust, Trick, Liar, Mugshot and Blackheart for the outer corners of your eye. Naked and Naked2 are also amazing colors... I honestly can't choose which I like best... maybe Naked2? I don't know... I love them all! It seems really pricey to pay for this, but I have had my Naked3 palette since December 2013...and I'm STILL using it. Yeah, it lasts a long time! Worth the investment. These are the best colors and having them all in one convenient palette is amazeballs. ($54 - I'm currently using the "Naked3" palette)
8. Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner: This eyeliner is a game-changer. I used to use this pencil before this product was released, which is the best pencil out there, but by the end of the day, I would have black smudged under my eyes - no bueno (I used "Perversion"). This Benefit eyeliner is not quite a liquid, but definitely not a pencil. It goes on like a really smooth gel and it's super easy to control the thickness, which I love. Pencils always made my line too thick. I use this on my top and bottom lash line after applying eyeshadow. This is my favorite makeup product out there right now! ($24)
9. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: This is also a new product from Benefit. Before this came out, I used this and this, as a cheaper option. I love how thick this goes on without being clumpy. It curls, thickens and lengthens lashes like no other! Highly recommend. ($24)
10. EOS Lip Balm: I use this daily, multiple times a day. I love the shape and how smooth it goes on. My favorite "flavor" is pomegranate raspberry! ($3)
11. L'Oreal Paris Glossy Balm: This is actually my all-time favorite lipstick and/or lip gloss - it's similar to the Clinique Chubby Stick. It glides on smooth and has a rich pigmentation. LOVE it. ($6 - I use "Vintage Rose")
There you have it! My all-time makeup favorites. Do you use any of these products? What are your favorites? Do share!
Hi! I’m Cait - wife to Logan, mama to Maggie and cuddler to Gatsby in Minneapolis, MN. You'll hear rants about baby gear, motherhood, bargain shopping and home decor if you stick around here long enough. Thanks for stopping by!